What is XHTML?
As I was compiling links to add to this page, I started reading some of the many excellent pages on the topic of XHTML and quickly began wondering what I could add to the discussion and why I should write my own introduction to XHTML at all… so I didn’t! Here are some great pages that explain things just as well as (if not better then) I could have:
Introductions to XHTML
- XHTML 1.0: Where XML and HTML Meet
- Introduction to XHTML, with eXamples
- What is XHTML?
- XHTML: What Exactly Is This Thing?
- How different is XHTML? – covers syntax changes from HTML to XHTML
I’ve included some additional selected links that you may find useful in further researching XHTML below. If you find a resource that you feel should be included please let me know so that I can add it to the list.
RSS Technical Specifications
- The W3C‘s HTML Home Page – The definitive source for all things HTML related – including developments in XHTML.
Additional XHTML Information
- The XHTML Way – a good explanation of the reasoning behind XHTML – including XHTML 1.1
- WebReference.com’s XHTML Index Page
- XHTML: The Transition From HTML to XML
- STANDARDS SOUP: XHTML and the Sixth Day of Creation
- Sample Chapter 13 from Wrox’s Beginning XHTML – covers media types and how XHTML makes cross platform development easier
- XStandard XHTML WYSIWYG editor – an ActiveX-based editing tool that produces XHTML-compliant markup