RSS – Introduction to XML Really Simple Syndication
What is RSS?
The short answer is that RSS (an acronym for Really Simple Syndication) is an XML-based format for handling web content syndication.
Where Can I Find Out More?
There are a number of useful resources which you can utilize to further research RSS. I’ve included links to some of the best resources below. If you find a resource that you feel should be included please don’t hesitate to let me know so I can post it here for others to find.
RSS Technical Specifications
- Introduction to RSS
- Evolution of RSS
- All About RSS
- Set Up a Simple Syndication Feed Using RSS
- Learn to Consume RSS Using DevX’s New Content Feeds
- Syndicating Your Web Site’s Content with RSS
- RSS Demo with Caching
- Pretty RSS Feed Display
- A Custom ASP.NET Server Control for Displaying RSS Feeds
- Consuming an RSS Feed with ASP.NET
- RSS Captor
- FeedForAll – FeedForAll software allows users to easily create, edit and publish RSS feeds.
- HitRSS.com – HitRSS is a free web-based RSS publishing wizard.
- RSS Channel Editor and RSS Maker
- RSS Viewer Applet
- Forum Feeds
RSS Feed Lists
- FEED Validator for Atom and RSS
- RSS Validator
- Experimental Online RSS 1.0 Validator
- Schematron Validator for RSS
- Redland RSS 1.0 Validator and Viewer